It is a well-known fact that Legos are very popular among
children, and even some young adults. In her article titled, "Locking into
the Magic of Legos", Krista Ramsey goes deep inside to discover what
ignites this fascination with building blocks. I have provided a link so you
too, can discover what i shall soon discuss:
Locking into
the Magic of Legos
My favorite line in the piece is, "They're in a world beyond learning objectives and select soccer, safely out of reach of arranged play dates and online language programs," basically what she says in this sentence is that the kids, when they play with Legos, are in a world of their own, free from distraction, and focused on one thing only: building. When a child first builds a set of Legos, there is little creativity involved, but it is the possibilities after it is built that truly make legos the creative tools they are. In her article, you can tell that Ramsey truly believes in what she is writing, and you can see this in the way she writes the piece. She most likely does this because she knows she must seem credible to her audience, which she does, to me at least. If a columnist wasn't credible, no one would read them.
Ramsey's writing style, in a word, is confident. As I said before, she stands by what she writes and she probably loves what she does. She goes into depth by incorporating not only a few details, but many. this can be seen in the second paragraph of her article, when she says, "Some sit cross-legged on the floor, doing homework. Some talk quietly to a friend or have a snack. Others check their mothers' watches somewhat compulsively. Many have been waiting with their parents for as long as two hours." She obviously did her research and attended this event to figure out what exactly she needed to say to describe the scene.
If I had the chance to ask this master of the pen a few questions, I would first ask her about how she became the columnist she is today. "How did you get the point you are in your life today?" the next question I would ask her would be, "Are you happy with your life as a columnist?" because if you're doing something, in my opinion, you should love it every day. The third and final question I would have for Krista would be how to develop a signature writing style? I feel like the way I write things is pretty generic and would like to possibly make some changes, which I have been experimenting lately, as you avid readers of this blog may have noticed lately, with the way I write these posts, but I'm still not quite satisfied, so I would ask her how to change that.
My favorite line in the piece is, "They're in a world beyond learning objectives and select soccer, safely out of reach of arranged play dates and online language programs," basically what she says in this sentence is that the kids, when they play with Legos, are in a world of their own, free from distraction, and focused on one thing only: building. When a child first builds a set of Legos, there is little creativity involved, but it is the possibilities after it is built that truly make legos the creative tools they are. In her article, you can tell that Ramsey truly believes in what she is writing, and you can see this in the way she writes the piece. She most likely does this because she knows she must seem credible to her audience, which she does, to me at least. If a columnist wasn't credible, no one would read them.
Ramsey's writing style, in a word, is confident. As I said before, she stands by what she writes and she probably loves what she does. She goes into depth by incorporating not only a few details, but many. this can be seen in the second paragraph of her article, when she says, "Some sit cross-legged on the floor, doing homework. Some talk quietly to a friend or have a snack. Others check their mothers' watches somewhat compulsively. Many have been waiting with their parents for as long as two hours." She obviously did her research and attended this event to figure out what exactly she needed to say to describe the scene.
If I had the chance to ask this master of the pen a few questions, I would first ask her about how she became the columnist she is today. "How did you get the point you are in your life today?" the next question I would ask her would be, "Are you happy with your life as a columnist?" because if you're doing something, in my opinion, you should love it every day. The third and final question I would have for Krista would be how to develop a signature writing style? I feel like the way I write things is pretty generic and would like to possibly make some changes, which I have been experimenting lately, as you avid readers of this blog may have noticed lately, with the way I write these posts, but I'm still not quite satisfied, so I would ask her how to change that.
No comments:
Post a Comment